The Evolution


 I walked down to the Jardin des Plantes this morning.  Lo and Behold they're having an outdoor exhibit called Evolution Illumination.  Whole sections of the gardens are filled with prehistoric figurines and there's some good signage about when these beings lived. I was quite charmed by it and will go back in the evening when the displays are well lit.  

We went to the market this morning that's around the corner from the apartment.  I had my mask down for a taste of tangerine and forgot to put it back on.  The vendor whispered to me, "Madame, Madame, your mask!" Then he took a sidelong glance to the left.  When I looked over, I saw the gendarmes approaching and quickly reapplied my mask.  The vendor and I laughed like we had pulled a fast one, but really, I have no problem wearing a mask and of course don't want to be associated with anti-maskers. Covid's warming up a bit over here, but Mari Homme and I have appointments for boosters this weekend. Hoorah!

Comments

cb said…
"Madame, Madame, your mask!" That's how it should be done. It's easy to forget for a moment. Especially when you are savoring a tangerine.
Mitzi Lewison said…
Love the prehistoric creatures. How cool having a "moment" with the market man.d
Janet said…
You said it cb! Glad you will be getting your boosters. So loving reading your posts!

Popular Posts