The Bastille

I did not take this photo




We're in Paris now, my friends. We live right next to the Bastille statue.  We see it from our front door.  Our apartment is okay, but I wouldn't describe it as "charming" as the people on AirBnb have suggested.  But here's the thing.  I walked out today and strolled along the Seine and visited Notre Dame and walked into  Shakespeare and Company and bought Oh William by Eliabeth Strout and now Mari Homme and I are walking 5 minutes to a pleasant place for dinner that's called Chez Paul. Right in the neighborhood.

It's all going to be tres bon. Tomorrow I'll buy some flowers at the flower market and our apartment will move toward charming-er. Basically, I'm thankful to be in this beautiful city with the homme of my dreams.  Merci et au revoir a Lyon and  merci et salut a Paris! 

 

Comments

cb said…
Paris! I love your description of the day. Oh, William est tres bon.

a bientot,
cb
Mitzi Lewison said…
Great photo of Shakespeare and Company. Love that shop! Love that you can walk the world.
Janet said…
YES!!! Sounds fabulous my friend. Enjoy every minute! xx

Popular Posts