The Wrapping


 In September, the Arc de Triumph will be wrapped up in fabric.  Christo and Jeanne-Claude made the plans for this wrapped masterpiece a few years ago.  Even though they've both passed on, the wrapping will take place this fall.   When their Saffron Flags were in Central Park, I wanted so much to go and see them, but I didn't do it.  So now, I'm righting that wrong and visiting Paris to see the final Christo/Jean-Claude outstallation.  

I'll probably bring a lawn chair and sit on a nearby sidewalk for a couple of days staring up at the Arc de Triomphe.  Maybe Husbandman will get some sandwiches for us. We'll be staying in Lyon in September, but we'll travel to Paris for a weekend of rapt up art appreciation. 

Comments

cb said…
So cool! I'm really glad that you'll be able to see this. Please send photos. Or, maybe draw it, if you feel like it. That would be great.
LH said…
I will document! So excited.
KC said…
Please send endless photos.

Popular Posts