The Stones


 I search the shelves for carnelian.  The internet said carnelian is reddish and helps with creativity.  I finally find the right basket.  These carnelians are more orange than red and not super attractive, but I need carnelian for my creative project, so I select a mid sized stone for 7 dollars.  This was less than I thought I'd spend so I look and listen for other stones calling out to me.  I see some fine stones, larger and brighter and more expensive than 7 dollars. How much am I willing to spend?  I select a purple stone from the basket labeled ametrine, (10 dollars)  a powerful combination of amethyst and citrine, two stones that are good for connection, calm & creativity. When I bring them to the cashier, she comments about the amethyst.  I tell her I got it from the ametrine basket.  "Amethyst and citrine together, right?" 

"No, this is amethyst," she replies while wrapping my stones in tissue paper. She says no more.

I'm tempted to argue, or ask her why her stones aren't properly basketed.  I already own an amethyst at home and I'm not sure I need two, but then I decide to go with the flow. Maybe this is the world's way of telling me to double up on my amethyst right now. Amethyst is a natural tranquilizer.  I'll pocket amethyst tomorrow for my dentist appointment.  I'm getting a crown on a cracked tooth.



Comments

cb said…
I love the artwork you post!

Good luck tomorrow. Amethyst in your pocket is a good idea. It's beautiful and a faithful birthstone.
Really strong collage.
LH said…
Thanks, Loves!

The amethyst helped a LOT and the crown procedure went well. That's what my dentist told me and I trust her.
KC said…
I now really want the ametrine.

Popular Posts