The Electricity



We've seen one mouse in our kitchen, but we know there are others.  

Lurking, lurking. 

I have purchased a new type of trap that will electrocute a mouse that wanders into its kill chamber.  We've killed one so far.  Husbandman emptied the carrion from the kill chamber and for that I am deeply grateful.  When I asked him what color the mouse was, he replied, "Green and white."  

Husbandman is afflicted with the disability of color blindness, but green and white?  Seriously? "I don't think that's possible," I told him.

"Maybe it was brown and white," Husbandman said, not looking up from his careful reading of the box scores on his laptop. He was probably trying to get past the memory of the corpse disposal. 

I could have gone on and on about the colors of mammalian species never including any shade of green, but instead, I let it rest.  Husbandman had emptied the kill chamber, and for that I say, "Husbandman, thank you for your service!"

Comments

KC said…
Wow! As I was here on the blog, you uploaded this incredible illustration. I can't believe how cool it is!

And, this made me laugh out loud. Three cheers for HM. He really did his duty here.
LH said…
Thanks, Kacer. I have a lot of time on my hands right now.

Popular Posts