The Recap



We're sitting in the New Orleans airport.  We've been here for 7 hours because of our flight being "delayed."  It's not so bad.  We ate some beignets and worked some puzzles.  We've also been recapping the highlights of our 3 days in the big easy.

Some fine restaurants including The Bower, Maypop, and Nina Compton's American Bywater Bistro.  Ogden Museum of Southern Art.  Live oaks at City Park.  The new Nic Cage movie. Buying shoes and eating po' boys on Magazine Street.  Sculptures behind the Art Museum. Lots of chatting with #1 Son and RS, his fun partner in crime. Browsing in the Conjure Shop for dragon blood and old bones and grigri bags. 

The best of all highlight was watching #1 and his band play his new songs at Carnaval Lounge.  The joint was hoppin' as they say in my personal jazz circles. During the set, I yelled out gleefully a few times, but I didn't want to embarrass #1, so I mostly kept my spirit tuned to a joyful simmer. Be on the lookout for the new Quinn Sternberg album, Cicada Songs.  

On the flip side, we weren't crazy about the swampy summer heat, but you've got to take the ups with the downs, my friends, the ins and the outs, the goods and the bads. 

In short, New Orleans, we really do...




 

Comments

Julie said…
Love those NO house colors! Sounds like a very fun trip.
KC said…
It sounds like a fantastic trip. I think NOLA might be my favorite food city.

Popular Posts