The Unemployment


 Here's something that I don't think is altogether fair and I'm wondering what you think about it. 

Please read, reflect and respond to the following.

I'm fully vaccinated as you know.  I'm also on unpaid leave this year because we're going to go to France if covid doesn't stop us in our tracks once again.  

Come to find out, my employer decided this week to start doling out 1,000$ checks to all vaccinated employees.  I technically still work for this employer, but because of my leave, they're giving me diddlysquat.  They say I "don't qualify." 

Is this whole France thing a bad idea? I'm missing my only chance at receiving 1,000 dollars for doing something that was quick, easy, logical, and beneficial to self and society. 

I'm having some worries that our trip might be cancelled again and I'll sit in this house all year long, jobless and penniless, drawing nonsensical pictures in my notebook. 

Daily drawing would be fun, but I'd rather be in France, with 1,000 dollars in my pocket, or even without 1,000 dollars in my pocket.  Either way would be fine when it comes right down to it.

ps Please only comment if you agree with me that this is unfair.


Comments

cb said…
Totally unfair. You got the vaccine as quickly as you could to keep your school community safe. The $1,000 should be a reward not an incentive. Just sayin'. I might need to make a couple of calls.

Dearly hope your France trip is not thwarted. Also, your drawings are delightful.
LH said…
Thanks, CB!!!!

I'm assuming others agree with me as well, but just didn't have time to comment, right???

Popular Posts