The Staycation


 Now we are on winter break. Usually right about now I'd be packing up for a long trip to visit family who live afar.  It's a relaxing rarity to have no looming tasks, but I'm not going to lie.  There's something a wee bit sad about it too. No visit to see my Dad or my sibs or 30Something or #1.  Tomorrow, I'm going to make a Jolly-It-Up list of simple low energy activities for staying chipper.  

For right now,  I need to remember that I started a 2 week vacation a few hours ago and in the big scheme of things, I'm AOK.  

 

Comments

KC said…
I tried to engage my children in making a list of fun things to do, but they weren't feeling it. I think the fun might have to be spontaneous.
LH said…
We may walk the various Sycamore Land Trust preserve hikes.

Also, I need to drive around and look at holiday lights some evening soon.

Last, but not least, there's the reading of books.

Popular Posts