The Day of the Cranes

 

December 13 shall forever more be called The Day of the Cranes.

To celebrate Day of the Cranes we will typically start with a drive to Goose Pond.  As we drive, I will more than likely engage in a one hour rant about several issues in my life that are stressing me out and causing me to seethe with palpable anger.  Husbandman will listen actively and chime in on occasion with remarks of agreement. 

Once we get to Goose Pond, we'll find the sandhill cranes. We'll watch them digging in the cornfield.  We'll watch them soaring overhead.  We'll listen to their crazy calls.  We'll then spend a few hours searching for the Whooping Cranes and if we find some, so be it.  If not, we'll be okay about that because the sandhills are remarkable.

We'll always bring lunch from 2 Sticks Bakery. 

Before we depart, we'll thank the cranes for turning our sour moods into feel good moments by adopting sun salutation poses before we hop in the car for our drive back to B-Town.

Please join us in 2021 when we next celebrate The Day of the Cranes. Husbandman doesn't know about the Sun Salutation aspect of this celebration yet, but I'm pretty sure he's in like Flynn.  

Comments

Anonymous said…
I’m sure we will be there as long as this dam virus hits the road!
N
cb said…
I would like to participate in The Day of the Cranes and the Sun Salutation in 2021. My Two Sticks order is already under consideration.

Also, I hope your dad is feeling better.
KC said…
I'll be there. Sounds great.
LH said…
I wish we had seen the Whooping Cranes. The guy at the visitor center said he saw 3 pairs just that morning.

Popular Posts