The Name


 This morning, Husbandman and I went out to Forest Canyon Preserve for a walkabout.  We saw icicles as well as redheaded woodpeckers, bluebirds, and perhaps a white crowned sparrow or two.  

This will be our final hike for awhile. As you know, Husbandman is having his knee totally replaced tomorrow.  

The Forest Canyon Preserve used to be called Dilcher Turner Canyon Preserve.  The name was changed because Rudolph Turner stole some artifacts from this land that belonged to the Miami Tribe. That was unacceptable.  

Mr. Turner died 2 years ago.  He actually looked like a pretty nice man in his photos, but we still need the artifacts returned.  An article I read said the artifacts were stored away.  Where?  If someone could let me know, I'd happily drive the artifacts to Oklahoma to return them to their owners. 

Comments

KC said…
This story sounds like it's as worthy of my attention as Hilaria Baldwin.

Popular Posts