The Halloween


 I kept a pretty good attitude during Halloween at school yesterday even though I'm not generally supportive of celebrating holidays at school.  Why can't people just dress up and eat candy at home? I'm not the most innovative teacher when it comes to school parties and seasonal celebrations. Though the 3rdLanders are always kind and polite, there's a sense at my parties of, "This is it?  This is the entire party?"  I can overhear kids sharing memories of former teachers who wore banana costumes or helped them make jack o'lantern totem poles or hosted an ice cream sundae buffet.

 I do feel bad that I'm not more festive, but all I can do is my best.  I'm forgetting the rest, until December arrives and the winter party rears its ugly head.

Comments

KC said…
As a "fun hater," I approve this message. One of my third graders lamented my snack choice of candy corn. "Is that it?"
"Oh, I said. It's totally optional. You don't have to have any!"

She wanted some.

Popular Posts