The Fists


 There was talk at Morning Meeting about the President's health situation.  Some Thirdlanders were pumping their fists when they heard from classmates about this current event.  I felt it important to shut down the fist pumping, because it's not right to celebrate the misfortunes of others.  

One Thirdlander announced, "How do we know he's telling the truth?  He's probably lying.  That's all he does." I suggested we move on to other relevant topics. A Thirdlander volunteered to share a photo of her old dog wearing sunglasses which led to a deluge of anecdotes about pets and costumes, which probably sounds more interesting than it actually was.

I don't remember feeling this way about the president when I was in third grade.  It's a little bit sad.  

Comments

mm said…
I gotta agree with this kid... it really is hard to be professional when most of us want to put our fists in the air.

Popular Posts