The Ritual

 





I finished the turtle story. This is my second short story and now I will try to think of another idea for a third.  What am I going to do with these stories?  Should I put them on the blog with some of the illustrations I've made?  Should I keep them to share with the Thirdlanders?  Should I turn them into zines when we get home?  

And speaking of writing, the Ezra Klein Show podcast today featured a chat with two authors who I'm embarrassed to say are new to me:  Kiese Laymon and Tressie McMillan Cotton.  Kiese's comments about revision were fascinating. GREAT interview!

I walked an extra long amount today.  I was looking for a war memorial statue in Parc De La Tete D'Or in order to create my own Armistice Day Recognition Ritual. I didn't know that the memorial statue is on the Island of Remembrance.  I looked for it everywhere, except for the Island of Remembrance.  I didn't know that the little island had this special name.  Another mishap of my poor French language skills.

 I bombed out on my Armistice Day Recognition Ritual, but I did listen to two stories about veterans on The Moth as I walked over to visit the turtles again. 

 I could see some of the turtles brumating in the muddy bottom of the pond.  Some other turtles were enjoying the day.  I saw one large turtle attempt to bite the head off of a younger turtle, which was exciting, but made me wonder if I perhaps have represented the turtles in too positive a light in the turtle story. 



Comments

KC said…
All turtles are not a monolith.
Janet said…
I want to see the turtle story please. You know that sea turtles are my favorite creatures, so based on that it seems like you should let me see the turtle story. #bringthemhome
LH said…
I've decided the turtle story needs some more revising.
I'll pass it along once I get it in better shape.

These turtles are taking up a lot of my time!
Mitzi Lewison said…
What's with the aggressive turtle? I get it with the snappers, but these little guys--hmmm.

Popular Posts