Musee Lumière


 Did you know that two brothers from Lyon invented motion pictures?  The Lumiere Brothers invented the cinematographe in 1895. RIGHT HERE IN LYON!  Thomas Edison was fooling around with moving pictures too, but the Lumieres trumped his game. Or so they say at the museum.  Musee Lumiere gives you all the information you need to know about the Lumieres.  The museum is located in their childhood home, which is large and lovely.  Outside their home there used to be the factory they owned, where workers made photographic plates.  In 1895 they made the first film, which showed workers leaving the factory. A good first start.  Soon thereafter, they sent people around the world to capture scenes from different countries, almost like silent documentaries. 

After the museum, we went to see the new Wes Anderson film.  We love Wes Anderson.  This new one wasn't my favorite, but there were parts I much admired.  You should see it if you feel like it.


Comments

cb said…
I'm impressed by the Lumiere brothers and Lyon.

Merci.
xo
cb
KC said…
I had no idea. Thanks for the intel.
Janet said…
Who knew! Not me! That explains the name of that now defunct cinema here in SF... never knew the origin of the name, but still mad I lost my Pogues beanie there a long time ago.
Mitzi Lewison said…
I think there was one of these "defunct" theaters in LA. As soon as I read the name I remembered the place.

Popular Posts