The Evacuations


 #1 Son and his family have evacuated from New Orleans.  Hurricane Ida is due there soon.  I am hoping that New Orleans makes it through the storm with as little destruction and despair as possible.

Husbandman and I are also evacuating.  We leave for Lyon in 3 days if all goes well for us. Covid in Indiana is ratcheting up and over the course of the next month, things don't look so great here.  I am hoping that Indiana makes it through the fourth surge with as few deaths as possible.

Many Afghan people are evacuating from their troubled country.  Sadly, some acquaintances from Mitzi's program have not made it out yet.  I am hoping hoping hoping they get on a plane soon and that there is no more killing in Kabul. I admire all that Mitzi has done to try to help these brave teachers. She's been tireless in her efforts. 

Sometimes it's best to run away from a problem if you can.  I am hoping that you too can evacuate if and when things get dangerous for you.  I'm also hoping you can help someone evacuate if you are able.  In the meantime, please take care of yourself and others in the best way you know how.

Comments

cb said…
Thank you for the heartfelt post and photo. Stay safe. Everyone.

Bon voyage, ma chere amie.

xo
cb
LH said…
A bientôt, mon amie!
KC said…
I had to read it twice over a couple of days.

Popular Posts