Hubbub and Hoodwinks





 

Today is the second day of school.  I'm not working this year, but I still get school emails.  I truly love reading  about schedule adjustments, dismissal issues and hallway procedures.  Does anyone have any extra scissors? What about clipboards?  Sorry to tell you this, people, but kids who didn't return their iPad chargers last year aren't getting new ones.

It's weird being a teacher-on-leave this week.  I am happy to be maybe going to France, but I do miss the beginning of school year hubbub. I guess that's a good thing.  It means that I am mostly quite fond of being a teacher.  No news there.

On the other hand---I'm not going to lie---it's nice to sleep in, go out to lunch, and spend time noodling around. We're even taking a quick pre-sabbatical trip, if we're not hoodwinked by covid once again.  We'll spend the next week visiting family and friends in California.  It will be a happy time of reunion and revelry. 

Side note:  The term HOODWINKED has an interesting history. So does HUBBUB. 



Comments

cb said…
Thank you the nudge to investigate the origin stories of hubbub and hoodwinked. I'm going to look into it. They are such good words.
KC said…
Great update and super tips about the words. Excellent content as usual!!!

Popular Posts