The Reflection


 I'm here in the deep south, watching some shows and talking with a man who has come to be known as my father.  

At bedtime a few nights ago, my dad told me that he has a fear of dying in his sleep.   

Dying while sleeping sounds like the best possible death and that's what I told my so called father.

"Not to me," said Dad. "I want to be awake and peppy when it's time to go." 

I thought of how someone could die while awake and peppy.  Sudden heart attack?  Gunfight?  Fallen tree branch during a horse back ride?  

I guess I'd be fine either way.  Upon further reflection, I now feel that it would be fine to die during a good night's sleep or during an episode of active pep.  All the same to me.

Comments

cb said…
I like your conclusion. Never considered the active pep option before.
KC said…
I'd go sleeping any day. I mean, I hope not soon! But, if need be.

Popular Posts