The Pet

 


The pets at my dad's house are little rascals, but there's a cat here who really takes the cake. 

This cat hops on to my night stand at night and bats my belongings to the ground.  

He plays with the water in my water glass, sticking in a paw and splashing the water hither thither and yon.

He likes to hop on my bed while I'm sleeping and chew on my scalp.

I found my headphones in this cat's water dish yesterday afternoon. 

What if this cat could talk to me?  He might say, "Look, I don't know what you're doing here, but I'd prefer you be on your way."

Or maybe he would say, "You think I'm just a regular old cat, but I'm so much more."

I wonder if I should take this cat back with me to High Street of Hoosier Town. He could be a school cat for Thirdland.  This cat has energy---vim and vigor---and that's what we need for this final quarter of the Pandemic School Year. 

Comments

KC said…
Um.... I've had enough of this cat.
Julie said…
I'm laughing so hard. I've had a lifetime of cats, and some of them are real characters.

Popular Posts