The Reviews



Last night we watched a top notch movie on Netflix called Outside In with Edie Falco and Jay Duplass.  We very much enjoy these 2 actors.  We firmly believe that you can't go wrong when Edie Falco is involved. 

I was feeling pretty lazy today, which is okay, because I don't have a job and I can do what I want. I spent the day in the apartment reading a quite awesome book called Ill Will by Dan Chaon.  It's a little scary and a lot suspenseful.  Super creative presentation of story structure as well.  It's about a man named Dustin and his son Aaron. They get into some antics. Crazy good. 

If you feel like seeing this film or reading this book, you should go ahead and do it.

While I was absorbed in Chaon's terrific tome, Mari Homme ventured over to the fromagerie down the street and mentioned to the femme de fromage that he would like some cheeses from the region.  I benefitted greatly from this action in that we had 3 amazing cheeses with our baguette for our luncheon.  Mari Homme finished lunch with a coffee eclair. I opted for a tasty pomme from the market.

This evening we might venture out and have some wine on Place Carnot. Everyone else is doing it.  Why shouldn't we?

Happy weekend, Friends!

ps Today I also discovered kotke.org --- a very great blog.  That's where I learned about the drone photo awards of the year.  Check out this link to see some amazing drone photos if you want. 



Comments

cb said…
Du cinema, des livres, du fromage! Merci.

The pink-footed geese photo is tres fabuleuse.
Janet said…
I go back and forth. At times I am just so happy for you. And at other times I am very envious. Keep the reports and photos coming. I want some cheese from Lyon. Have a great weekend!
Mitzi Lewison said…
Regional fromage--now you are talking!! Local markets (walking distance) are such a gift.
KC said…
Thank you for these recommendations!! I have been thinking about Jay Duplass because of The Chair.
marion said…
Ahh, the cheese and wines are so fabulous in Europe! Glad you're livin' the life!
cb said…
I just watched Outside In and thought it was a wonderful film. You are right about Edie Falco. She is fascinating. Jay Duplass too. Thank you.

Popular Posts