Le Decalage Horaire

 




Le Decalage Horaire means The Jet Lag.  I am struggling avec le decalage horaire today.  Beaucoup! I don't know why I would have jet lag on my 3rd day here when I was pretty much okay on the first two days, but there you go.  I was wide awake until 430am last night.  Bleh. It really cheesed me off.  I told Mari Homme that I could either be upset all day about le DH or accept it and try to be pleasant.  Mari Homme suggested I should opt for the latter, and so I have. 

Stoically, I pulled it together and went for a long walk with Mari Homme this afternoon.  There were so many people walking along Rue Victor Hugo, milling about in Place Bellecour and enjoying beverages on various sidewalk cafes.We walked through the beautiful courtyards of the Grand Hotel-Dieu.  Lyon is hopping. 

Tomorrow we are invited to lunch at a friend's home.  I need sleep tonight so I can be somewhat charming on our visit.  The good news is --- there will be a market across the street at Place Carnot tomorrow and I've been practicing my statements for buying flowers to bring with us to the luncheon.  All is well.

ps.  Here are a couple of pix of our apartment. And a pleasant intersection near Place des Jacobins.

Comments

Janet said…
Love the apartment. Pleased to see the packing cube!
cb said…
Mari Homme" is brilliant.

I hope you slept well.

Popular Posts