The Dice



Today I made a long numbered list of interesting tasks and inclinations that I've been muddling with over here. Then I opened up a website called Roll the Dice.  I rolled the dice every 30 minutes or so and worked on the tasks in random order.  It was fun.  Highly recommend adding the Roll the Dice web page to your daily routine.

In the afternoon, we learned quite a lot about the history of printing at the Musee de Imprimerie. Lyon used to be the European printing capital in the 1500s and 1600s.  I didn't realize that paper was invented in China around the year 100 and much later was brought to Europe via the Silk Road. Too bad we didn't have access to the Silk Road in North America.  Lots of great stuff arrived in Europe thanks to that trade route.

We had walked to the museum, but when we were done with our visit, we encountered a significant thunder storm.  No worries.  We hopped on the metro. Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezey. Lyon is helping me develop a true devil-may-care attitude. 

Comments

Janet said…
Another great day!!!
Mitzi Lewison said…
What are those amazing looking flat platters in the photo?
LH said…
Bon jour, mes amies!

Mitz... I think they're just ceramic platters at the art fair?????

I was mostly trying to get the art fair, the statue in the square and the basilica all into the shot. Because of the hills, Lyon has a great layering to some views.
cb said…
I have to admit to zooming in on the ceramics in the photo. Very nice.

That Roll the Dice web page sounds like a fun way to cycle through tasks. Merci!
KC said…
That is a very fun work strategy, and I am going to try to put it into practice at school.

Popular Posts