The Mandates

Pulley = Simple Machine

What are these holes all about?  

Found when renovating St. Paul's church.  From the 1400s.

I was so happy to read that President B is putting the hammer down on the mask situation.  We have been patient and our patience is wearing thin.  And also, show some respect, people! Twitter is loving President B's comments and likening them to a dad saying, "I'll turn this car around right now if you kids don't knock it off!" It's definitely past time for tough love in the covid department, imho.

A French friend told us that they have mandates in all work spaces here now.  If you don't want to get vaccinated, that's fine, but you can no longer enter your job space.  You are not fired, but you will not get paid.  If you want to go the testing route, no worries.  But you must be tested every 3 days and you must pay for it yourself and the cost could be around 50 euros. 

Mari Homme and I show our covid passport whenever we're having a glass of wine or a cup of coffee out and about.  Last night, we told our waitress that we appreciate the French way.  She was ambivalent and told us, "We've lost business because of this."

So obviously it's not all bread and roses over here, but the honest truth is that the covid passport is a WIN in my livre.  When I go into a place and know that everyone is vaccinated, I feel downright gleeful.

I wish France could work on doing something about the second hand smoke that's putting a damper on my glee, but they're probably doing their best and I'm going to work on forgetting the rest. 

 

Comments

marion said…
Wow, I'm the first to leave a comment! Reading your Blog is bringing back memories of our time living in Leipzig. I remember being surprised by the number of smokers too, but in outdoor eating areas they weren't as bothersome. I guess your mask protects from smoke too!
cb said…
Excellent mandate post. President B's mandate game is strong and we are all better for it.

C'est chouette.
LH said…
Salud Marion et Cynthia.

Aujourd'hui we go for a walk to Croix-Rousse
KC said…
More mandates on covid. That's my personal philosophy.
cb said…
La Croix-Rousse looks tres belle!
Janet said…
Wait, I thought that indoor smoking was no longer allowed there? So are you making reference to outdoor smoking? In any case, love this post. Americans are just spoiled babies about certain things. How does one say that in French?
LH said…
Bonjour Amies!

Thanks for coming by the blog! Love seeing you hear.

I'm talking about outside smokers. There are quite a few of them.

Down with smoking!

Popular Posts