Saturday, July 13, 2019

The Lobster

Our niece Laura is getting married this weekend. We're here in Berkeley for her wedding.  I remember the day this gal was born.  I was teaching first grade in San Francisco and I headed to the hospital after work to meet her.  She was perfect.  She still is. I love her something crazy. I love her future husband too.  They're starting an epic adventure.

Here's the sad news. I got some weird rash today and I'm home alone watching Hoarders instead of joining the Tish festivities. Fear not.  I'm bound and determined to be at the wedding tomorrow.

When I went to Urgent Care today and showed the doctor my rash, he said, "Wow!  You're turning in to a lobster!  We're going to have to throw the kitchen sink at this thing."  He's not sure why I have this rash, but he suspects that my sun sensitivity went awry because of an antibiotic I was taking for my dental surgery.

Geez Louise.  What a pain.  I'm annoyed, but I just have to deal with it.  Luckily, Hoarders is on, and my skin's feeling a little less itchy.  Prednisone and an oatmeal bath might be the way out of this fiasco.

4 comments:

Judy said...

Oh geez louise I'm so sorry. I hope the meds kick in v soon.
jw

mm said...

"We're going to have to throw the kitchen sink at this thing." Dang!

cb said...

Man, I am so sorry. Hope you are feeling better today and that the kitchen sink cure is working. xo

KC said...

DRAG-O-RAMA. I can't believe this!! I hope it's on the mend.

The Retirement Saga

Retirement is like being on summer vacation for the rest of your life. You can mostly do whatever you want. Right now I’m watching a lot o...