(∑ r_j) / 5,367 = 3.7 where the sum is from j = 1 to j = 5,367 and r_j = the rating of the jth voter

Husbandman helped me with this equation.  It's basically a fancy way of reporting an average score for the fit bit.

I'm reading about the fit bit because I kind of want one now.  KC has one so why shouldn't I?  Good friend Linda suggested I try out the free PACER app on my iPhone, but I don't really like having my iPhone clipped to my waist band.  For some reason that creeps me out.  Also, the PACER app did not get me to 10,000 steps today so I think there might be something wrong with it. The fit bit seems so pleasant sitting there on the wrist, just racking up the steps.

Sadly, there are a few issues keeping me from ordering the fit bit right here and right now.  First off, its ranking isn't stellar. On a fist of 5, fit bit got a 3.7 on the corporate cyberstore rankings.  Some of the reviews are not great and one reviewer called it a glorified albeit inaccurate pedometer. Second off, good friend Kathala's tech savvy Husb (Hi, RAY!) says that there's going to be a new product coming out in fall that will put the fit bit to shame. The future product will basically blow the fit bit out of the water, in so many words. Thirdly, the fit bit is a bit on the pricey side.

When all is said and done, I still want a fit bit now, rather than later.  I'm going to have to really think this through. Everyone has a fit bit but me and I'm sick of it.

Comments

mm said…
I don't have a FitBit, but I like your new background!
KC said…
Get the darn FitBit. I really like it and so does David Sedaris. It's possible to obsess too much over these things. The FitBit has greatly encouraged me to exercise and I'm winning my work challenge.

Come on. Order the FitBit.
Anonymous said…
I might get a fitbit or I might wait on the new one. But really I should start walking again. I am going on a bike ride in a few. Does the fitbit calculate rotations on a bike, I wonder?
jw
Mary Childs said…
I got one back a couple years ago when they first came out, but it didn't play we'll with my Mac. Then I got the Fitbit One earlier this spring and I love it! You can connect it to My Fitness Pal (another app) to track food and calories eaten and worked off. It becomes a big contest with yourself!
LH said…
I JUST ORDERED IT!!!!!

JW's going to order it too!!!!

THIS is going to be EPIC!
Anonymous said…
Do I need one? I hate wearing bracelets--do they have a different version? Caleb has one.
N
LH said…
I think you should get one.

FIT BIT FOR EVER!
Anonymous said…
Mine is the beautiful color of tangerine.
jw
bluebirdwoman said…
I love my iphone step counter. What pisses me off is how many women's pants and skirts don't have side pockets.
LH said…
Mitzi. You need the fit bit.
LH said…
Because my fit bit hasn't arrived, I'll miss out on another day of fitness tomorrow,
KC said…
You can get a multipack of other colors!!!! If your spouse works for Best Buy, you can get the pack for a 50% discount.

Popular Posts