SPRINGBREAK2024_Day6

 




Chana Orloff was a Ukrainian artist who lived in Tel Aviv and Paris.  She was friends with Modigliani, Zadkine, Chagall, the usual suspects.  Fun fact: Orloff used 7 year old Ida Chagall as a model for a cool sculpture of a little girl with big hair.  Orloff made figurative sculptures, animal sculptures, mother and child sculptures.  I saw her work at the Zadkine Museum yesterday afternoon. I'm now a big Orloff fan. It's good to remember that women were here and there as well, making cool stuff.  Being ignored by some, but persevering nonetheless. 

On Rue de Fleurus, I ran into Gertrude and Alice on their way home from a walk with their big poodle. We said our bonjours and then I went on my merry way.

Ended the day having dinner with this guy. The one and only Pierre Sang.  We've been to his place before, but this time he was there and it was fun to see him in action.  We had a window table so I could see him taking a break outside, checking his phone and smoking a cigarette.  I wish he wouldn't smoke, but the 7 course dinner he produced was a dream come true.  Merci beaucoup Monsieur Sang!

Comments

cb said…
Sounds like a good day. I hadn't known about Chana Orloff but am happy for the information about her. Merci. If you see Alice, Gertrude and their poodle again, please give them my best regards.
Mitzi Lewison said…
I had never heard of Chana Orloff. Thanks! Hope you gave my regards to Gerturde and Alice. What fun!! We only have two days left on the island.
LH said…
You 2 would have really liked the Orloff exhibit. Super interesting gal.

Mitzker... you've been gone so long!

Popular Posts