SpringBreak2024_DAY3

 





After I lost Husbandman at the Pompidou Center, I set up guidelines for spots where we would meet before either of us moved on to a new spot in the museum.  Husbandman kidded that he felt like he was  "on a field trip with Dr. H," but the guidelines allowed us to focus on the stuff of importance.  

We visited old favorites and met some new painters.  I love all the little images spread throughout Chagall's canvases.

Before dinner we wandered through the church of Saint-Germaine-des-Pres, Husbandman's favorite.  Saint Germaine was born in 496.  He was the Bishop of Paris, well known for his generosity to the poor.  In short, a good guy.

Husbandman went to work today.  I was taken aback by the hotel manager saying to me at breakfast, "He goes to work and you go shopping!  Don't forget to bring his credit card!"

Geez.  It's hard to believe that this same woman gave me a pin for International Women's Day on Saturday (We Are All Heroines!) and today she thinks of me as nothing more than a consumeristic concubine.  Classic example of the adage the more things change, the more they stay the same. 

I've spent too much time this morning reading about Marc Chagall on the internets.  Time to hit the streets. 

Comments

Nancy said…
Sounds like a pretty dang fun field trip that I’d go on anytime with Dr. H!!!
N
cb said…
I agree with Nancy, you are an excellent guide, Dr. H. And that hotel employee comment was just plain weird.
LH said…
Hi Nancer and CB!

Wouldn't it be great if Field Trips with Dr. H. could be an international thing?

Yes... I keep thinking about that weird comment. Seems so unnecessary.
Mitzi Lewison said…
Hard to read too much on Chagall :-). This is such a wonderful trip!!
Julie said…
That was a seriously rude comment. Other than that, sounds like an excellent day.

Popular Posts