The Lineage


 I'm back from a trip down south to visit my dad.  We sat in big chairs watching television and gabbing.  Dad held Karl with a K on his lap.  I held multiple plates of fritos. We watched The Quiet Man with John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara.  We talked about movie stars and reviewed Dad's genealogy research. 

Here's a sad story I haven't shared before.  My nana was born Emma Josselin. The Josselin line stretches back to the Massachusetts Bay Colony.  I'm sad to report that some of my ancestors were killed by Native Americans with hatchets in the 1690's. 

I wonder what my family members could have done to tick off their Native American neighbors?  

Let's face it.  It's not hard to put the pieces of this puzzle together. I wish I didn't come from LAND STEALERS, but I have to face the hard truth of my heritage. It is what it is. 

Comments

cb said…
This post took me in an unexpected direction. But now I see that the line from John Wayne to land stealers is pretty perfect.
KC said…
Is it bad that I did some really hard laughing aloud at the hatchet part?

Popular Posts