The Connection


 Our birthday week wrapped up yesterday.  I'm now 9 x 7 and Husbandman is 8 X 8.  We celebrated at restaurants, exchanged cool gifts, and felt all the love of fam and friends.  

As a celebratory birthday extension, we ventured out to an apple orchard early yesterday morning. We walked among the apple trees, split an apple dumpling with ice cream and listened to music.  We joined the hordes of foliage mongers soaking up autumnal beauty. We didn't buy apple cider and that's a regret.  

Later that same day, we attended a screening of Killers of the Flower Moon.  Excellent. You should see it if you feel like it.  It's one of those movies that propels me to the internets to gather facts and opinions about our horrific history. 

My personal connection with the film is a fascinating tale and I will share it thusly. 

In the fall of 2022, while visiting kin in Seattle, Washington, I unexpectedly discovered, and fell in love with, the melodic harmonics of Deagen's historic chimes and longed to have my own.  Unbeknownst to me, #30Something, aware of my obsessive desire, surreptitiously endeavored to procure a Deagan oeuvre.  Late in 2022, after extensive searching, she found, and purchased, authentic Deagan chimes and gifted these to me at our annual holiday gift exchange.  Come to find out, the seller of the chimes had enclosed a note that these very chimes (which I now own) were used as a prop in Scorcese's film, Killers of the Flower Moon!  As you know, we viewed the film on October 21, 2023 at a private screening.  While we did not see the chimes, we firmly believe that they were probably on the table of sound effect props featured toward the movie's end.  (No spoilers, but great scene).  Alas, the chimes were not played, but this is still a cool story.  I ring the chimes each day and they never fail to bring me joy. 

Birthday Week:  Solid 5 on the Fist of 5. 

Comments

cb said…
Those Deagan chimes are a delight.
How will I ever top this gift? We all know that I won’t.
KC said…
This is a great gift story! Wow!

Popular Posts