The Big Storm


 We're in the middle of the big storm.  5 to 8 inches will fall onto our land  by the time the storm is done.  I do like a big snow storm, as long as I'm inside my home looking out the window.  Right now, all is well.

But if in-person school is not called off tomorrow, we're going to suffer some dire consequences. I'm not going to be able to get out of the driveway with my car and will be forced to walk the 1.6 miles to the school site. 

By the way, Matthew Henson and Edward Peary had to deal with weather like this in 1893 when they were in Greenland to map the arctic circle.  They ran low on supplies and had to eat all but one of their sled dogs.  I wonder if the remaining sled dog was relieved that he was not eaten, or heartbroken that his friends had been killed.  Probably a mix of both.

Comments

KC said…
I'm disappointed to hear of the gruesome deaths of these dogs.

Popular Posts