Learning 24: Vacation Education



  • Learning of today:
    • My mom broke her clavicle this week.  The clavicle is a collar bone. 
    • Dumpstafunk is the best funk band from New Orleans right now.  We're going to see them tonight.
    • A watermelon salad has:  watermelon, lemon juice, mint and feta cheese.  It tastes so delicious. Walk into your kitchen and make one now.
    • Wallace Falls State Park is stunning.  It's named after 2 people Joe and Sarah Kwayayish from the Skykomish tribe.  I think it's kind of weird that Joe and Sarah have the name of Kwayayish, and someone decided to name the park after them, but they didn't use their real last name. Kwawayish.  Wallace.  Guess there's some tentative connection there.  Still and all, this is such a lovely place to hike and have lunch. From now on though, I'm calling it Kwayayish Falls.  

Comments

mm said…
I'm not a fan of watermelon, but at one of my last book club meetings I tried the watermelon, mint, and feta cheese... Actually, I thought it was tomatoes and mozzarella cheese and was annoyed to find out it was watermelon, but it was DELICIOUS.

sorry about your mum, the picture is delightful, enjoy your vacay

btw-- acupuncture does work, but I would need to make the appointments and go.

Anonymous said…
Broken clavicle?! Hope she is mending comfortably and quickly. These vacation pics and the learning are amazing and so wanting me to visit Seattle! I'm sure it will be like this next year when you are away and posting some great photos and stories. I am already missing you and you haven't left yet!
N
Anonymous said…
I can't believe your mom broke her collar bone. That is painful!! Enjoy your family and vacation!!!
Jw
KC said…
Jealous about your vacay and bummed for your mom's broken bone. Mixed bag here!! Miss u!
Bill said…
Have you put your worries In The Dumpsta? Iit is the secret to happiness.

Popular Posts