The Packing

Problem with packing.  How many times have we gone through this?  I'm going to get it done and then I'll be on the trip.

Today I wrote with some suave seconders. They were a boisterous crew, but I loved being back in action with writer's workshop.   One kiddo didn't want to write.  He asked to go to the restroom, but I told him to write a few sentences first.  He went over to a corner and cried for about 20 minutes.  Then he came back to his table and wrote a sentence.  I compromised and sent him off to the restroom.  When he came back he was carrying a huge piece of wet paper towel, which he was laying over his face while still simpering.  "I need to go to the nurse now," he whinged.  "I'm not feeling well."
"Not going to happen pal," I told him.  So the crying began anew.  Luckily, recess time came and he cheerfully went off to play, with nary a care in the world.

Comments

mm said…
This makes me sad. How can someone be so adverse to writing in second grade? Bummer.
LH said…
He's pretty much adverse to anything that involves following someone else's directions. He'll grow out of this eventually I think.
jdoc said…
I think the lesson here is thank god for recess.
Erin said…
Oh mercy! Well at least the rest of my kiddos we into it!
kc said…
Sometimes writing is hard. Let's just admit it.

Popular Posts