Blog Ch 23: Glogster Movie Review


We saw THIS FINE MOVIE today.  I don't usually enjoy fighting movies, but
this was fabulous.  As you can see from this glog, I especially appreciated
Christian Bale's fine performance. All the actors are good.  It's all based on a true
story, the story of fighter brothers Micky Ward and Dicky Ecklund.

As an aside, I've always wanted to go to Lowell to tour the textile mill museums. The Lowell
mill girls fought for fair working conditions.  Lowell.  Another hardscrabble town.

Comments

mm said…
I like your added comments on Glogster.
StreibProjects said…
Those Mill girls look kinda ticked off and a little bit scary. Hope you are enjoying your break!
Anonymous said…
I can't wait to see this movie. Thanks for the info.
jw
kc said…
Great review. Thanks so much!! I have loved Christian Bale all of my life. Have you seen him in Little Women?
LH said…
Hey MM, I feel like I should have put a few more comments on this Glogster, but it's a start!

SP, Those mill girls are ticked off because they had a 14 hour work day! But they protested for the 10 hour work day and saw some improvements. You go, mill girls! Yes, break is very pleasant indeed.

JW, Fam went off to see True Grit today, but I stayed behind. Did you see a movie this very day?

I think I did see Little Women KC but I don't remember Bale in it. I will investigate.

Happy C.E. pals!
dw said…
I have heard nothing but good things about this movie. I like both of those guys, and really want to see it. Probably going to be a rental for us, though. Is it necessary to see it on the big screen, do you think?

Popular Posts