The Wink


I woke up with a small stye in my eye today and it hurt every time I winked. I thought, "What the heck could be worse than this?" I had to accept that things could be much worse when I checked email and learned that good friend KR is having a hard time concentrating on his work in Haifa because so many explosions are blasting away outside his windows. I felt even more foolish worrying about the eye sore when I sat with JW as she received chemotherapy this afternoon. Living in a war zone and/or having chemo would be way worse, I thought to myself. Soon after this realization, the eye thing got completely better and this evening I went out to a nice dinner at a lovely restaurant with some good pals. So things could be worse and they could also be better is the moral of the story of the stye.

Comments

Undomestic said…
I love reading about your friendships. You're such an awesome friend.
Anonymous said…
She is indeed.
jw
LH said…
thanks dolls.

Popular Posts