The Loves







I like the mini love stories the NYT puts out.  They're written by regular folk.  Less than 100 words.  Today's story was written by someone who was married to a cowboy for many decades.  I wrote this haiku about the photo she sent in with her piece:

cowboy fixing tack

horse patiently waits and wonders

about tack's importance 


I'm also a regular reader of the NYT Modern Love column.  I love the stories and the accompanying illustrations by Brian Rea.  These columns are also written by regular folk.  This week's story was by a man who didn't want his girlfriend to bring expensive cheese to a dinner party.  She broke up with him soon thereafter. I wrote this haiku about his situation.

why so controlling?  

Does cheese really matter that much?

lonely days ahead now


Then I decided to write a haiku love story about our recent weekend with our grown children. 

Rosalyn and Quinn

their giant autumn foliage 

fill up 706


It's not the best haiku but why should I worry about that?  I think it clearly communicates that these 2 people have a significant impact on our lives.  It also refers to the season which is a hallmark of traditional haiku.

Now it's time for a vacation. Glorious.  It's fun to gallivant about with nary a care in the world. 












Comments

KC said…
I too like the 100 word stories. The NYT had a contest for high school kids writing 100 word memoirs (didn't have to be love), and several of my kids wrote really good ones!

Popular Posts