The Banshees


 The Banshees of Inisherin has gotten great reviews.  Here on High Street, we've watched the movie and I agree with these comments:

"outstanding lead performances"

"feel-bad treat"

"dark and hopeless"

beautiful shots of coast of Ireland

"weirdly compelling"

Colin Farrell's eyebrows have gotten a lot of attention

"Kelly Condon steals every one of her scenes"

Haven't read any comments on the pub music, but I love Irish fiddle music, so that's also a plus. Brendan Gleeson wrote the pub songs and played his fiddle in the movie until he could play no more.

 Though I agree with the above comments, I can't say I enjoyed watching Banshees. It's wicked sad, but I did watch it and I am blogging about it, so do with that what you may. If you feel like it, go ahead and give it a try.



Comments

Nancy said…
These Christmas lights are awesome! You got some cool pics!
KC said…
I'm not sure I'm going to watch this. I'm sad enough at the holidays, you know?
Mitzi Lewison said…
I actually liked the movie. Very sad, but kind of amazing.
Julie said…
It was a weird but memorable movie. I liked it but was also repelled by it. The acting was so good. I'm catching up on the blog after MONTHS because my job and my life have been rather insane, so you may get messages about things that happened months ago. Just read about the covid--so sorry you had covid! My dad and stepmom also had covid that same week, thus part of the complete insanity of my life.

Popular Posts