The Sunshine

We have a couple of fine Farmer's Markets in our town. Husbandman and I visited both this morning in search of carrots, bread and also flowers to plant in the garden. Our teeny side garden is in shade most of the day, but I always buy flowers that say, "Plant in Full Sun," because I like those flowers the best.  I take my chances and roll the dice year after year, and usually the plants grow for awhile, sprout a flower or two, and then stall out, failing to thrive. I spent several hours this afternoon planting marigolds, nasturtium and lantana. All these flowers prefer to be planted in areas that get a lot of sun.  I think this will be the year that my luck changes because as I planted, I talked with each plant about why its location should be fine and gave each various words of encouragement.  
 


Comments

Popular Posts