The Reaming

I work a lot, but then sometimes things get in the way of me working a lot and my life goes to hell in a hand basket.  Ipso Facto.   Just for the sake of argument, let's say I have a birthday and I don't work on a particular weekend.  The next week is hideous.  Or, let's say I go to a book club meeting and discuss a classic book called Lathe of Heaven and I have a fun meal with great beverages and lots of laughing conversation late into the night. Because of literacy, the next day is going to be messed up, with unclear lesson plans thrown in with some fatigue.  Or, let's say I want to visit my parents and I want to take Friday off so I can hang out with them and watch movies.  I can't even tell you the repercussions of that move. Basically all hell is going to break loose.  Human sacrifice, cats and dogs living together.

But here's the thing, huddle up and listen up.  I'm not telling you anything you don't know here, but the bottom line is teachers need to celebrate their births, and they need to be literate and they need to connect with beloved octogenarian parents (88 and 89). So, knock it off, Job.  I'm sick of you falling apart every time I don't coddle you like a spoiled kindergartener. Get your freaking act together, Employment. I'm not telling you again.

Comments

mm said…
"I'm sick of you falling apart every time I don't coddle you like a spoiled kindergartner." Love it!! The struggle is real.
kc said…
This is fire, a beauty, and gas. That's a new one I just learned.

Popular Posts