The Parents

I'm visiting my parents in the southland.  Right now my mom and I are watching Game Night.  We saw this excellent film in the theater last summer, as you may recall. If you haven't seen it yet, you probably should, if you feel like it.

We've also watched a lot of news.  My parents have opposing political views.  Mom's with CNN down in the basement.  Dad's up in the living room with Fox.

Mom can't talk well any more, but she makes good use of her notebook.  We've had some great written conversations, many focused on the impeachment of DT.  She wants this guy gone and has even written that she could die in peace if DT could be impeached soon.

In contrast, Dad pretends that everything stated about DT is hyperbole and perhaps could be fake news?

So, that's how it goes down here in the Southland. We're not letting this rift rip this family apart.

We all side with Mom.

Comments

Popular Posts