The Gifts

I'm crazy about this bearded lizard who goes by the name of Spike.  He's so gentle and kind.  I'm glad I overcame my fears and let him crawl on my body.

On another note, I went to a baby shower after school today.  We ate food and watched an incredibly hard working and very pregnant young teacher open up gift after gift.  I found myself longing for a type of shower for myself that involved gifts.  Not sure what the theme of my shower should/would be.  But if I could open up a bunch of gifts for an hour, I know I'd be in a pretty good mood after that. I could have a "Getting sick of having a cold sore shower," or a "My eye twitching has returned and is driving me crazy Shower."  If you have any good ideas for showers for yourself or for me, let me know.

Comments

mm said…
I let a reptile crawl on me, shower

It is a reptile?!?
LH said…
OMG, I'm lol'ing for the first time today. THANKS, MM. Yes, he's a reptile.
Anonymous said…
This picture totally grosses me out, shower.
jw
Anonymous said…
I will shower you with books, wine, and other things if you come help me clear out the book room.

D/
Julie Anna said…
I think everyone should have a wedding shower every now and then. Just throw out all the raggedy mismatched bath towels and old sheets and stained dish towels and pans with black stuff in the bottom that will never come out and slightly melted plastic spatulas and have your friends buy you all new stuff including artsy candy bowls and other cool wedding gifts. I think you'd have to frame this as a "vow renewal" and at least provide cake and wine, but it could be totally worth it. You should buy yourself a new dress for the occasion, too. I think this could work for you, and it would give us something to look forward to instead of the endless cold nothingness of winter.
StreibProjects said…
I'm so proud of you for holding Spike! We fed him a bunch of crickets today. He was one, fat, happy lizard!
KC said…
I really love this pic. You and spike look totes adorbz.
Anonymous said…
I guess an hour of opening gifts would be fun, but so often, actual gifts don't really live up to the promise potential gifts offer.

mem in ca

Popular Posts