The Classrooms

Today I worked in 5 classrooms.  The firsties are really starting to write now.  After I listened to their pieces, I kept whispering in their ears, "Your writing is like a rocket ship that's flying all the way to the moon!"  They did seem pleased with this creative simile.  I wouldn't mind teaching first grade again.  I love the way they learn how to read and they're mostly super friendly.  I had fun with 3rdies and 4rthies as well today, making our thinking maps about the book These Hands.  Those were my last two classes for the One Book One Fairview Reading project.  The kids are starting to get into it.  The 4th graders asked questions like, "What's taken you so long to get back in here?"  and "Do you have the new book picked out yet?"  I told them that I was probably going to read something about Dr. Martin Lurther King Jr., and they all cheered.  So that settles that!  I keep thinking I can turn this project into a nifty little paper, but I haven't gotten organized yet, so who knows.  Maybe it will be just for fun, as they say in Akumal.

Comments

mm said…
You have the greatest photos!!

Write the paper and share it with me.
Anonymous said…
When I read these stories I just wish I was in those rooms and having you come in and work with my kiddos. Wah.
N
KC said…
I wanted to read your kidblog, but I can't. The photo is so fabulous.

Popular Posts