The Search

I have a really cushy gig with my math class. 15 cincos, all into school big time. Today I sent them out of the class to search for examples of rectangular arrays. I told them to return in 15 minutes. They came back right on time, with their notebooks filled with examples. Then they did some math in their workbooks. Then they used calculators to correct their problems. I've only taught math one day so far so I should probably avoid the leap into Conclusionland. Anything could happen at any time in the compound so I'm trying to lie low and act like I have high expectations and am not fascinated that people are actually doing what I'm saying. But it does feel odd. Posted by Picasa

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm so glad that your math class is awesome. They do seem like great kids.
That IV bag looks frighteningly familiar.
j
w
KC said…
this is what it was like when i moved to my new school -- i couldn't believe how the kids were, like, doing what i said. things got worse later in the year when i started teaching the research paper, though, so something is bound to come up.
KC said…
p.s. i would kind of like to read about jw's life in the library and beyond. any interest in a blog??
LH said…
yes, the iv bag is one of your old chums.
i wish i had an iv bag here at the house.
or maybe even at school.
the math class was good again today, so that's good, but i did feel like i was boring them to death. we were talking about factors and products. wow.
the l.a. was better. we talked about a writer who is a Canadian /First Nations guy and he writes about being sent to a residential school when he was a kid.
i had a massage in the afternoon so that was good.
but the sad news was i thought i had scheduled a hot rock massage and i hadn't. oh well. next month.
Anonymous said…
This is an example of an entry in my blog...
whine whine whine needle prick whine whine whine nausea whine whine whine whine whine whine. Really.
jw
LH said…
HEY! You've been really strong thru all this crap.
Don't make me come over there!
Anonymous said…
I'm back on track! thanks!
jw

Popular Posts