The Rest





 You might be wondering if I'm still alive over here. I have neglected this beautiful blog which makes me sad.  Basically life is going to hell in a hand basket.  I'm in 3rdLand with a great crew of peeps and I'm way busy.  I don't want to be this busy.  I want to meander and write in my notebook.  But here I am. Struggling with lists of tasks that only grow longer by the day. Working crazy hours, losing my mind.  There are bright spots.  Umping the kickball games at recess.  Watching the writers get in the groove in only 3 weeks' time.  Singing songs together with gusto.  I am glad to be back in Thirdland but I'm not happy to be right back in the middle of that feeling of always being behind and always needing to do more.  I'm doing my best, but I can't seem to forget the rest.  

Comments

Mitzi Lewison said…
This is the dilemma of being the great teacher that you are. Wonderful bright spots, but an overwhelming amount of prep and planning and administrative junk. And with the new year also just getting to know the kiddos. I've been thinking--when you would start with the blog again. Love the entry--a very good sign!! I also ponder what it is like being back for you after just living the year of time and wonder.
cb said…
It's very good to read your writing again. I agree with Mitzi. "The dilemma of being the great teacher that you are." Thank goodness for the great Thirdlander crew. Take care of yourself when you can. You'll always have France. xo
KC said…
Why is it always like this, do we think?

Popular Posts