The Coffee Shop

2 Cuties: Nancer and KR

 In a wide open nearly empty coffee shop, a young couple decided to sit right next to my table, plopping down in two purple comfy chairs.  I understood the appeal of the chairs, but honestly, let's talk about personal space.  While I was working hard on drawing strawberries and potatoes in my writer's notebook, these 2 went on and on about trivialities like hair color and how everyone in the world should wear a baseball cap at all times. Then one said, "When I was a kid, I was a second degree black belt."  And the other one said that she too was a second degree blackbelt in her youth, but she "lost her passion for taekwondo."  Turns out they both lost their passion for taekwondo, which is pretty sad when you think about it.  

Right after the youngsters left the premises, the internet shut down and a message appeared on my screen telling me that I would have to buy another beverage to use the wifi. They only give people one hour per purchase.  Weirdly, Husbandman didn't think that was excessive. Really?  Every hour I have to buy another beverage?  Seriously.  I'm boycotting them for awhile.

Comments

cb said…
A new beverage every hour? Clearly you deserved a bonus hour since those folks invaded your space.

On the plus side you live in a town with bunnies and fireflies and cute people.
Mitzi Lewison said…
:-). :-). :-). I'm laughing out loud.
Janet said…
Bad policy!!
KC said…
How do they even know? Just clear your cookies and carry on.

Popular Posts