The Read Aloud



Yesterday I finished reading a great book to the Thirdlanders.  It was a book that started off sad and got even sadder and more tense as it moved along.  We were mesmerized.  It's a rare read aloud that causes a whole class to erupt into vehement choruses of shock, outrage, relief and curiosity throughout the story.  On Friday I had a half day off.  I taught in the morning and left at lunch for an afternoon appointment. I usually do the read aloud after recess, but I could not have a guest teacher reading the ending of this amazing book, that has been part of our lives for several weeks. We needed to bring it home together.  Masked up, I started reading right after morning meeting and when I came to the final line, I broke out in tears and the Thirdlanders broke out into applause.  There was also some jumping up and down.   Thanks to Barbara O'Connor.  How to Steal a Dog is some book and you are some writer.  
 

Comments

KC said…
Whoa. I can't wait to read this book.

Popular Posts