January Blogging Challenge #2: Write about a goal.


As you know, I'm doing the C25K this winter.  Today I went to the Y and completed Week 2, Session 2.  Just 6.5 weeks left to go.  So far, I'm kicking this goal's butt.  Today I was wavering on going to the Y.  I still haven't completed the report cards that are due tomorrow and I realized that I could easily avoid my YMCA goal and turn the afternoon into hours of report card wailing, gnashing of teeth and thrashing upon the floor, the likes of which no one has before witnessed.

Right around 3:30, I figured if I told the Thirdlanders about my goal, I'd be more accountable.  "I should go to the Y this afternoon, but I'm not sure if I will.  What do you think?"
     They started screaming, "Go!  Go to the Y!  You have to do it! Don't give up!"
     "You're right. I have to stick to my goals."
      I left school promptly and went to the Y.  After my C25K, I joined a gentle yoga class for an hour.

I will sign up for morning meeting to get the Thirdlanders to praise me for working on my goal.  I think I'm going to milk this for all it's worth for the next 6.5 weeks.  I could probably hint to the kids that some sort of party should be thrown once I run (or quickly walk) in a 5K this spring.  Maybe gifts should be involved. I'll start planting the seeds now.

Comments

mm said…
I think the gifts might be a bit lavish. Stick with the daily praise.
jdoc said…
These photos are really brightening my day.
KC said…
Gifts AND praise. That's the way to go.

Popular Posts