Thursday, September 06, 2018

The Money

We read about advertising and the ways ads are targeted to kids.  I was working with 2 Thirdlanders who were having trouble getting along.  To distract them from glowering at one another, I read an interesting fact listed under the subheading, Kid Power.  "Look here.  It says elementary age kids spend fifteen billion dollars a year."

"I don't spend nearly that much," said Thirdlander One.
"Me either.  I don't have that kind of money," replied the other.

I explained to them that the writer didn't mean each kid spent 15 billion dollars a year, and they seemed to understand.  They got moving with their sketch notes, at any rate.  I left them, in search of others who might need assistance or clarification.

1 comment:

mm said...

I don't spend near that either!

The Retirement Saga

Retirement is like being on summer vacation for the rest of your life. You can mostly do whatever you want. Right now I’m watching a lot o...