Friday, February 23, 2018

The Airport

I'm at the airport.  Heading down to the south to visit my family of origin.

I have a lot of pre-travel anxiety, but once I get to the airport, I feel like I'm cosseted inside a comforting cocoon. Everything I need is here.  When I travel solo, I like to get to the airport 3 or 4 hours before my flight.  I take a walk, catch up on email, check out the book store, have a snack, perhaps enjoy a glass of wine. There's even a spa at this airport, but I haven't headed in there, though a chair massage would be just the ticket today.  I wonder why people don't go to the airport for their vacations.  It's super relaxing here.  Maybe they do and I just don't know about it.  I'll pitch the idea to Husbandman when I see him next.


2 comments:

LevineLiteracy said...

Love the airport...when I am not in a hurry. Mark

KC said...

I also love to be early to the airport. Heavenly.

The Retirement Saga

Retirement is like being on summer vacation for the rest of your life. You can mostly do whatever you want. Right now I’m watching a lot o...