The Minnesota Twins

Good Pal Menosky's uncle (btw I love GPM) used to play for the Washington Senators, a team that later became the Minnesota Twins (btw, I love Minnesota). He also played for the Philadelphia Rebels and the Boston Red Sox. He played 9 years in the majors, starting in 1914. He was known as Leaping Mike Menosky for his high, fence crashing catches (btw I love those kinds of catches).  He had 38 triples (btw I love triples) in his career and batted 278.  BTW, I love this story about him:

After his retirement from baseball, he became a probation officer. His baseball career came of use in a case where the defendant was charged with throwing a rock through a Detroit terminal caboose window. The judge doubted he could throw a rock 250 feet, and when Menosky tried to throw a rock 250 feet and was unable to do so, the judge dismissed the case, stating that the average man would not have a chance if Menosky could not do it.[5]



Comments

mm said…
I love the story.
StreibProjects said…
This is great. Loved every detail!
dw said…
Awesome story.
Anonymous said…
Hooray for Leaping Mike.
Thanks!

D/

Popular Posts