Tuesday, February 01, 2011

The Ice

 I did not want #1 son to venture out into the ice storm this afternoon, but a bunch of his pals came over and they talked me in to letting him go out for a bit.  Even though he was only going about 6 blocks, I hesitated, fearing the treacherous storm abrewin'.  His friends all stared at me while I tried to decide.  "I'm usually a fairly lenient parent...." I muttered lamely.
"But this ice is complicating things, isn't it?" a helpful Teen offered sympathetically,
   "It really is, Teen. I'm having high anxiety."  In the end #1 got to go out for a bit of course, but now he's back home safe and sound, eating chicken.  Relief.

1 comment:

LH said...

I always feel a bit sad for blog posts that got no comments. So i always give them a comment, just to be nice.

The Retirement Saga

Retirement is like being on summer vacation for the rest of your life. You can mostly do whatever you want. Right now I’m watching a lot o...