Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Award


I applied for a big fat dissertation award this week. If I win this big fat award, I will get 5,000 dollars. I know other teachers who have won awards and then they donate the money to school programs. I'm not that kind of teacher. I'll be buying a Vespa if I win. I have my parents praying for the Vespa, though they're slightly uncomfortable about this. Please join in if you get the chance.

10 comments:

KC said...

i only do the prayers i know by heart from years of rosaries, but i'll do some of those for you. how about a glory be?

LH said...

Yes, that sounds appropriate. You've gotten me back on the Hail mary train. It's a good one.

Rachel said...

Oh, I'm not above praying for you to win money--whether for a vespa or not.

I'll hit up the guardian angels--I always loved that one from Catholic school.

LH said...

Awesome, possum!

KC said...

i'm adding the prayer of st. francis - lord, make me an instrument of your peace. i think the vespa is pretty peaceful, all things considered.

Undomestic said...

You go girl and get that Vespa! You had my husband cracking up when I read your post!

Anonymous said...

Do you have a particular color in mind for the Vespa? I find St. Jude to be particularly helpful in situations like this and I've already mentioned it to him on your behalf.......hope y'all are enjoying the holiday---I think Ma's taking the camper out today....I hope Hanna doesn't decide to visit her xoxoxoxoxo B&B

LH said...

This is what I'm talking about!

Thanks dears!

Julie Anna said...

Lee sold his home immediately after we buried a Virgin Mary in his back yard. I would say we had the faith of a mustard seed, approximately, and yet... Perhaps if you sat a very small Virgin on the toy vespa, it would work the same way.

LH said...

I have a very small nun toy from Q's "chuck a nun" gun/toy. Maybe that would work?

The Retirement Saga

Retirement is like being on summer vacation for the rest of your life. You can mostly do whatever you want. Right now I’m watching a lot o...